Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More from Paris...

We went into Paris for a little sight-seeing tour... I was super excited since it was my first time in the city (Ryan played tour guide)!! We took the train into town, which subjected Ryan to my remniscent story's about the Metro in DC and all of it's wonderful craziness! :) We spent some time at, around, and under the Eiffel Tower and it's surrounding area, which was fun. It was the perfect day for wandering around, warm and sunny and I learned something new... The Eiffel Tower is... BROWN!!!! I'm not really sure if I thought it was gray or black or what but the first thing I noticed was that it is huge, so intricate, and brown! :)




Then we headed over to the Notre Dame Cathedral, which was also solo pretty and reminded us of the Duke Chapel, where we got married, but much, much older of course! Shortly after touring the inside, we decided we were pooped and needed Starbucks, surely there had to be one in Paris, right!? We used our handy-dandy iPhone to figure out the general area and the followed people with the green and white cups! We spent the rest of the afternoon sipping Java Chips and people watching!






2 comments:

  1. OMG...Ashley posted 3 things?!?! I have been waiting on posts for months.. and I finally get 3 at once WITH VIDEOS INCLUDED! I could not be more proud of you!!! Looks like you guys are having fun!!! Miss you just knowing your farther away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash!!!!!! This is so fun! I love your videos...they are as close to Europe as I have ever been! ahhhh. I miss you and I LOVE reading you blog! love you!

    ReplyDelete